Basic Terms and Conditions
Any session (insured or uninsured/private) cancelled or rescheduled by the patient with less than 48 hours’ notice, will be charged in full to the patient, unless the sessions are taken up by other patients.
All appointments for uninsured patients/private paying patients must be paid for at the time of booking the appointment. Failure to do so will result in you losing the session.
Atira Tan abides by a code of confidentiality between Therapist and the Patient. Identifying information, such information including name, address, biographical details and other descriptions of a Patient’s life and the circumstances, which might result in the identification of the Patient will be kept private. Any agreement between the said therapist and the Patient about disclosure may be changed by joint negotiation.
The therapist attending to the Patient may only be reached for the purposes of cancellations and rearrangements with regards to their appointment sessions and phoning out of session time is strongly discouraged. For more detailed Ts & Cs please see below:
Patient Terms and Conditions
These terms and conditions are governed by and to be interpreted in accordance with Singapore law. In the event of any dispute arising in relation to these ‘terms and conditions or any dispute arising in relation to Atira Tan whether in contract or tort or otherwise the Singapore courts will have non-exclusive jurisdiction over such dispute.
The ‘Therapist’: Atira Tan
The ‘Patient’: You
‘Therapy’ is the time spent with the Therapist who will apply their chosen method of therapy application and modality.
‘Modality’ is a model of study for therapeutic application. Somatic Experiencing is an example of a psychological modality.
The ‘Session’ is the booked time slot and arranged time working with the ‘Therapist’.
The ‘Presenting Issue(s) or ‘Problem’ is what the Patient wants to work on with the Therapist.
Goal: The ‘goal’ is the therapeutic goal created collaboratively with input from both the Patient and the Therapist and is what the patient would like to achieve, as the desired outcome in therapy.
The ‘Desired Outcome’ is the desired result of the work that the Therapist and the Patient work towards achieving.
C. Formation of agreement
After booking an appointment by email, you the Patient, in accepting the appointment, accept the following conditions for the appointment.
Booking: Appointments can only be made on the website or by emailing the Therapist directly by the Patient. If there are technical system issues encountered during the booking process, your appointment may be arranged/cancelled via an email to firstname.lastname@example.org and your booking/cancellation will be rectified as soon as is able.
When making an appointment via the booking system, you will receive a booking confirmation and a reminder 48 hours before your appointment.
You may book ahead of all your sessions at your chosen location and time, or you may book one session at a time.
The Therapist requires the Patient to be truthful and work in the best interests of the agreement between the Therapist and the Patient. The Patient agrees to provide the Therapist with all pre-session written work such as questionnaires or assessments, which the Therapist will request in the manner and format the Therapist requires it. The Patient agrees to complete all the required tasking as issued by the Therapist within the timeframe it was requested. The Patient also agrees to provide all written pre-session work to reach the Therapist by email no later than 48hrs prior to the booked session.
Lateness: You are paying for the time with the therapist and you agree that arriving for the session and at the session location for your own session is fully your responsibility. The session will be terminated if the Patient arrives over 30 minutes late to an appointment and no refund will be given in any circumstances even if the Patient wishes to cancel the session due to emergency or unforeseen circumstances out of their immediate control, as the strict 48hr cancellation policy will still apply. If the Patient arrives late, the Patient will not receive an extension of the agreed time nor will they be offered or entitled to a rearranged session and all terms and conditions relating to conduct, session termination and working relationship will apply.
The Therapist is not required under any circumstances to go beyond the arranged session finishing time and will terminate the session at the end of the arranged time. The Therapist is not required to continue over the arranged time slot if the Patient hasn’t reached the desired outcome.
The Therapist will use reasonable care and skill in providing the service that you choose. Every Patient is different and so every therapy session is different and there are no guarantees of successful results.
It is not the responsibility of the Therapist to achieve the desired outcome for the Patient, the Patient takes full responsibility for achieving this and works with the help of the Therapist.
The desired outcome as an achievement of the goal(s) cannot be guaranteed or promised to the patient by the Therapist. It would be unethical to provide a guarantee for a Patient’s treatment of therapy, coaching or supervision.
In the small percentage of people that the therapy is unsuccessful, we do not offer a refund or part refund. Atira Tan does not accept any liability in relation to the therapy and modalities used in the session and on this website. Atira Tan does not accept any liability in relation to any of the recordings or correspondence and it is up to the discretion of the user to determine if they are appropriate.
D. Pricing and Payment
A one-to-one private session for 60 minutes, is priced at $180 USD.
A one-to-one private session for 90 minutes, is priced at $240 USD.
A one-to-one Supervision session for 60 minutes is priced at $180 USD.
E. Refund and Cancellation Policies
‘Booked Sessions’ on the system by the Patient or by Atira Tan as requested by the Patient must be paid for in full before any time spent with the Therapist can commence 14 days from the day of invoice.
For session bookings, for you to receive a refund of all monies paid, you must cancel in advance of 48hrs.
If you fail to make the payment 48hrs prior to the session, that session is immediately made available to other Patients wishing to book including those on a waitlist for the soonest available appointment and so you are at risk of losing your booking. In such cases where you fail to pay 48hrs in advance, it is your responsibility to confirm that the slot is still available with us before commencing to pay if you fail to follow the 48hr requirements or you could risk losing in accordance with the cancellation policy.
Non-Payment: If we do not receive payment we will choose to assume you do not wish to commit to the appointment and will cancel and/or give the appointment to another Patient. You will be required to rebook.
1. The Patient is eligible for a refund if the Patient cancels or rearranges prior to exactly 48hrs prior to the arranged session. To avoid any doubt 48hrs is exactly 48hrs so in this example, if a session is booked for Wednesday at 5 pm the 48hrs prior to this session would be 5 pm on the preceding Monday. The Patient will not receive a refund of any monies for any session cancelled within 48hrs prior to a session. In all cases, the Patient will effectively have paid for the session slot. If written cancellation is received within the 48hrs prior to the booked session the Patient has no claim to this session time and the Therapist then reserves the right to offer that time slot to other Patients and may book that time slot with another Patient.
The Patient may not re-book that time slot once written cancellation has been received. The Patient may rebook a time that is next convenient for them, on the booking system online.
2. The Therapist reserves the right to terminate the session earlier than arranged. If the Therapist and the Patient agree the problem has reached a satisfactory resolution to the problem that the Patient booked the session for, then the Patient will not receive a refund of any monies for the remaining time and the session will be finished early. You will be made aware of a realistic time frame based on previous appointments with other Patients and the Therapist will arrange the appropriate time slot from the estimation according to previous experience. You will not be made to expect that the problem will require more time than the Therapist deems necessary from previous experience with other Patients. Sometimes a Patient requires more time or less time than expected and this in most cases can only become known in a session when working with the Patient and Therapist. If you are in any doubt or have any questions relating to the agreed time slot, you must raise the appropriate questions with the therapist prior to booking the arranged session. You are not entitled to any refund or any monies for any remaining time if a session finishes earlier than booked and arranged in any circumstances including those that are out of the control of the Therapist or the Patient. Whether the session is ended earlier or extended, the consultation fee remains the same.
3. The Therapist Atira Tan, reserves the right to terminate a session without a refund if it is considered that you are a personal risk to her or anyone in the clinic, office or environment. The appropriate services will also be alerted in all cases of violence or personal threats. Vandalism, personal threats, verbal abuse or physical abuse is not tolerated and the session will be cancelled with immediate effect without refund of any monies for any time with the Therapist or remaining time of the booked session. The Therapist receives the right to protect the interests of the business and their personal safety and will terminate the session with the Patient if the business is compromised by the Patient in any way, without refund to the Patient.
4. The Therapist reserves the right to terminate the session if the Therapy is not considered in the best interests of the Patient and the Therapist reserves the right to not disclose the reason why and in these circumstances no refund will be given.
5. The length of the appointment is at the discretion of the Therapist. Although scheduled for a specific length of time generally 60 minutes, if the Psychologist considers it is appropriate to end the session, the Therapist reserves the right to do so. The Therapist can terminate the session if they consider that it is not in your best interests to continue with the session and the Therapist is not required to say the reason why.
6. When booking from outside Singapore the appointment time and further communication regarding the appointment are in the time zone of your current location. There is an option for you to change the time zone during the booking process if required. If you have booked in the wrong time zone, the Therapist cannot be responsible for the error. This will be counted as a missed session and payable by the Patient.
7. You may rearrange and rebook an appointment on the system before 48 hours to change the day/date and time and you may rebook your appointment as often as is necessary. If for some reason, you are unable to cancel or rebook before the 48-hour cancellation or rebooking period because there is an error in the system, you will be expected to inform Atira Tan at email@example.com immediately. Failure to do so will be at the cost of the Patient.
8. Accepted methods of Payment
All one-to-one private and supervision sessions are to be paid for online or direct debit at the time of booking your appointment. For payments, this website uses Stripe and PayPal which is a secure mobile and online payment service which accepts all major debit and credit cards from customers worldwide.
9. Short Notice emergency sessions
Emergency sessions can be booked directly with Atira Tan at firstname.lastname@example.org and payable online. Failure to comply with these requirements will result in the session being cancelled and the session will be opened for other Patients to book and maybe directly offered to a Patient on the Waiting List. It is at the Therapist’s discretion whether to accept late payment prior to a session. Payments are not accepted during or after a session in any circumstances.
Cancellation can be done online by the Patient, with a minimum of 48 hours before a session for a refund in full. 48 hours is exactly 48 hours prior to the arranged time – e.g. an appointment arranged for 2 pm Thursday must be cancelled by 2 pm the Tuesday before. Any cancellations within the 48 hours period will incur a session charge of monies paid. If a patient attempts to cancel a session before the 48-hour cancellation period and there is an error in the booking system, the patient is expected to contact Atira Tan immediately so that she may rectify the issue.
If a Patient fails to give 48 hours’ notice for their cancellation, they will not receive a refund for the booked session.
Rescheduling before the 48-hour deadline will allow fees to be carried over to the new appointment but under the same terms and conditions for cancelling.
Sessions booked and paid for, are held for a period of six months from the last session date and are not valid to use beyond that time frame.
The therapist may terminate the working relationship with the Patient at the discretion of the Therapist.
G. Confidentiality and Health & Safety
1. The Therapist agrees to confidentiality between the Patient and the Therapist. Atira Tan reserves the right not to disclose any session information to any third party even at the request of the Patient unless there is a written requirement to do so by law. Atira Tan reserves the right to inform the police or appropriate services of your condition and intentions relating to any information she considers appropriate to help them with their enquiries and for the interests of the public. This information may include session notes if she considers you a risk to yourself or to others.
2. You are not permitted to record the session on the phone or otherwise unless you have written consent from the Therapist. The Therapist also requires confidentiality of the Patient and in no circumstances is the Patient permitted to disclose written, recorded or distributed correspondence of the session, pre-session or post-session. The correspondence and all therapy and coaching advice and application are only permitted to be used by the Patient for which it was issued and intended. All written and verbal communication is in context with the session and must not be used out of context. The relationship between the Patient and the Therapist towards the desired outcome and/or Goal and hypnosis recordings if any and all relating correspondence by phone and in writing is strictly only for use of the Patient and the Therapist. The Therapist accepts no responsibility for the effecting use of material recorded or written for any person other than the Patient for which the material and correspondence were intended.
3. Any material shared is the intellectual property and copyright of Atira Tan. The Therapist owns the rights to any recorded material created for the Patient and requires written permission for any recorded or written material to be used. The Patient is not permitted to copy, reproduce or display publicly or electronically any recording or correspondence between the Therapist and the Patient or issued by the Therapist to the Patient. The Patient agrees to use the material as directed and Atira Tan accepts no liability for the use of any written or recorded material.