ESSENTIAL ELEMENTS OF TRAUMA-INFORMED YOGA
* Learning about yoga asanas, pranayamas and meditation techniques which can heal or harm students who have unresolved trauma.
* Applying yoga asanas for the different categories of trauma, and how we can safely guide students into supporting trauma bound energy in certain areas of the body and chakras.
* Preparing and teaching yoga sequences that can help to support specific physical areas of unresolved trauma and how to respond in your sequencing to issues such as dissociation, dysregulation, flashbacks, injuries and activation.
* Applying somatic and embodied skills into your yoga classes so that you can support your students into a space of self-attunement and deep listening, instead of over-riding their sensations to achieve the perfect pose.
* Experiencing the gifts of Body Mind CenteringTM (BMC), The Enlightenment ProcessTM and other embodied spiritual practices as a way to support your students to befriend their bodies in your classes.