THE ART OF REGULATION & THE FELT SENSE
* Understanding the art of holding space in a safe and gentle way where we are present, empathetic, and compassionate instead of “giving advice” or rescuing.
* Learning how our experiences of unresolved trauma and lack of resources and regulation as teachers can impact our students’ safety.
* Creating a safer space for others whilst tending to our own self-care through yogic and embodiment tools to help us regulate as teachers in stressful situations and classes.
* Cultivating somatic tools of self-regulation, co-regulation, and exploring our own inner and outer resources in order to further assist our students in promoting a sense of peace, calm, and tranquility in their bodies and lives.
* Developing our own relationship to sensations, the nervous system, and the felt sense so that we can cultivate the art of attunement and listen, track and respond to our emotions, intuition, and senses instead of patterns of over-riding and avoidance.
* Explore the role of a trauma-informed yoga teacher, and the ethics of teaching trauma-sensitive yoga instead of being a rescuer, healer, or therapist.