TRAUMA-INFORMED LANGUAGE & TAKING IT OFF THE MAT
* Guidance in creating yoga, meditation, and pranayama sequences for students who are in the fight/flight/ freeze/ fawn response and how to use your therapeutic presence to lead them into social engagement.
* Practicing the principles of Trauma-Informed Yoga in leading a TIY class, whilst staying self-regulated and observing signs and symptoms of trauma in your students.
* Adapting elements of being trauma-sensitive such as invitational cues, agency, felt sense and interoception, self-regulation and co-regulation, language, and adjustments in your practice teaching classes.
* Learning the principles of community yoga and how to create a trauma-informed yoga program for marginalized populations within social work and non for profits organizations and community settings.
* Gaining awareness and steps of setting up your trauma-informed yoga practice as a teacher and the business of yoga through building your confidence and trust in self whilst connecting to yogic philosophy principles such as Seva (selfless service), Svadhyaya (self-study), and Ishvara Pranidhana (Surrender).